Collection Velvet Kiss Lip Creams

If you've read my previous blogs or followed my Instagram, you'll know I'm a real sucker for a lip product.  They can be lipsticks, glosses, pencils, old favourites or new launches... I find it impossible not to buy new lip products every month.

I became slightly obsessed with matte lips around this time last year. I tend to stray towards glosses and balms in the summer though so am getting back on the matte lips train now and there have been some great products I've picked up over the last few months (you can read my October favourites blog here in which I talk about the Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils).

I saw a blog post for the new Collection Velvet Kiss Lip Creams last week and just had to rush out and grab some.  There are six shades in the collection but I was most interested in the red (Rosie) and the plum (Mulberry).  They weren't easy to find as my local Superdrug didn't stock any of those colours and when I went further into town I could only get them in separate Superdrug stores.  But I got them in the end. 

Shade - Rosie
Shade - Mulberry
I have to say though, I was really disappointed with them and for me they didn't live up to the hype.  You could argue that they are only priced at £2.99 which is a great bargain, but I found them to be very drying and they didn't last any time at all on my lips. 

The first colour I used was Mulberry.  I popped this on just before leaving the house on my way to a fireworks party on Saturday night.  They do feel silky smooth to apply but it was quite difficult to get a good neat application and it slipped slightly outside of my normal lip line (this could probably be remedied by using a lip liner though).  All I was doing was sitting in the car, no eating, no drinking and within 15 minutes it had already started to wear off.  It felt really uncomfortable on my lips and when I checked in the mirror it had completely worn off my bottom lip leaving me with just an outline.  This may well be as it's quite a dark colour but even so, I would have expected slightly more longevity especially as I wasn't doing anything.
Wearing "Mulberry"
The red shade (Rosie) is a great red but again it felt very drying and uncomfortable after a very short space of time.  Application was tricky and it wore off very quickly to leave an unattractive outline.
Wearing "Rosie"
All in all I'm not impressed by these lip creams.  Collection is one of my favourite high street beauty brands and you can pick up some great bargains, but for me, these aren't one of them.  I'd definitely put my £2.99 towards another high street matte lip product.

I'd love to know what products haven't lived up to the hype for you.


Love Katherine xxx



*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!