Review - Maybelline Baby Lips Balm & Blush


I have had my eyes on these cute little things for a while now.  My specific was that I would like a product that I can take on my summer holidays and literally throw on my face, even if I have no other product on there.  I am trying really hard to "travel light" in the cosmetics department this year.  Last year my make up bag alone weighed 2kg but it was so hot I didn't actually wear any make up for the whole holiday!!

There are four shades in this range: Innocent Peach, Shimmering Bronze, Flirty Pink and Blooming Ruby.  I purchased Innocent Peach and Shimmering Bronze.  They are available in Boots and Superdrug and are priced at £4.99 each.  Boots are currently holding a Buy One Get One Half Price promotion and Superdrug have a "3 for 2" across all cosmetics and beauty.


The idea behind these products is that they can be used on both the face as a blusher and the lips as a balm to give a hint of colour together with 4 hour hydration.

Out of the two shades I purchased, I really like the Innocent Peach.  It gives a really subtle colour pay-off that you can dab and blend out with your finger.  It's worth bearing in mind that this is a balm so it does feel a little sticky when you first apply it but it does have a lovely cooling feeling and does dry down nicely after a while.  I applied this on a day when I was at work and I could see that it was still there by the time I came to take my make up off in the evening. 

The Shimmering Bronze shade was the one I thought I would love the most.  I really like the golden, bronze, dewy look so thought this would be perfect.  I do like this one however it does have a noticeable shimmer/glitter running through it.  For me personally, I prefer a look that is a little less glittery but it goes on really nicely and again, blends really well.  If you like a look that is more shimmery then I think this would be perfect.

 
Both colours give a nice sheer colour on the lips and left them feeling really moisturised which I think is always quite hard to achieve on products that have multiple uses.

Overall, I think these are a really cute product and would definitely like to purchase the other two colours. I think they are ideal for travelling or for when you want to keep make up application to a minimum.  They are very compact and if you are looking for something that you can just swipe on and go these are ideal. 

I'd love to know if you've tried any of these and if so, what do you think?

Katherine xxx

Comments

  1. Another great post, what a great product I love products that have multi uses. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!