City Visit & Sneaky Lipstick Purchase

I have just got back from a fantastic weekend spent in the historic City of Bath.  I was there to celebrate my best friend's Hen Night along with 13 other ladies.  Although we had a packed and hectic schedule, from the short glimpse of Bath I got, all I can say is it is the most picturesque, friendliest city I have been to. 


First on our to-do list was a visit to the historic Thermae Bath Spa.  Here you are able to enjoy Britain's only natural thermal waters and we did so in style, in the open-air Rooftop Pool.  There is something quite breath-taking about swimming outside on top of a building in naturally heated waters.  In total, we spent two hours at the spa and this also included a Kraxen Stove (a traditional Alpine Hay Chamber where steam radiates around the back and shoulders). 

We took in two bus tours on Saturday which were great value for money.  A single ticket cost £9.00 (we had a group discount as there were over ten of us - usual price is still great at £11) and this gave you a ticket that was valid for two days and could be used on both buses.  The City bus tour takes around 45 minutes.  The Skyline tour takes you just outside of the Town Centre and up into the surrounding hills and lasts about an hour.  I thoroughly recommend both as they were so informative and you could hop on/hop off for a more leisurely trip if you wanted to.

We also took a boat trip which took us half an hour up the River Avon to the Bathampton Mill.  I found this so peaceful and fascinating as I love people watching and looking at all the beautiful houses and gardens on the river bank.  Once back on dry land we headed back to the hotel to get ready for a night at the Komedia Comedy Club (it was a hen weekend after all)!

 
No trip to Bath would be complete without a visit to the Royal Crescent.  I knew this was the one thing I had to see whilst here and it didn't disappoint.  Referred to in Jane Austen's novel Northanger Abbey as "The Crescent" you can just imagine Bath's elite walking up and down, or "promenading" as it was called back then.

 
Of course my blog wouldn't be the same without a mention of buying make up or clothes but unbelievably, I just didn't have time to fit in any shopping at all (other than a very quick trip to Paperchase to pick up a selfie stick).  The shops look amazing!!. Although Bath has a High Street and many other streets leading off of it, it is just so pretty.  One of the streets has an umbrella feature which I loved - it was so colourful and striking every time you walked under it.  There is every shop you can imagine from North Face, Jo Malone and The Kooples to Primark, Boots and Superdrug.  I will absolutely be going back for a shopping trip as I definitely have unfinished business.

 
I did however manage to pop into Superdrug very quickly to pick up a lipstick for Saturday night.  I had been after a new red lipstick for a while and although I have dozens of them, the more striking they are, the more they tend to wear off and leave only an outline or, the one thing I dread the most, transferring onto my teeth.  One of the hens recommended the Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color liquid lipstick and I'd seen hers in action and decided to pick one up.  Well, it absolutely does do what it says on the packaging.  I bought the shade 560 (Red Alert) and applied the gloss.  It is crucial to wait until it has fully dried (about two minutes) before applying the softening balm on top.  I had a three course meal, endless drinks and danced in a very hot and sweaty club and by the time I got back to the hotel it looked as good as when it was first applied.  At this point I did worry a little that I wouldn't be able to remove it but it came off easily with some micellar water and cotton pads.  At only £8.99 I really feel I have discovered the perfect red lipstick for me and will be picking them up in a couple of other colours too!

 
I'd love to know if you have ever been to Bath and what you thought and also whether anyone has ever used the Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color liquid lipstick.  For now though, I'm off to plan my next visit......

Love Katherine xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!