My No Buy Year - March 2019

MONTH THREE DONE

March has been a good month! The sun has been shining and I have refrained from making any purchases! 

If you read my last post "Finding My Style - A New Series" you will know that I made a few purchases in February.  I will link that post here for you if you haven't read it and also my last monthly update (February) here.  

I'm not sure how I've managed to stay away from temptation as I have been to the high street with my mum for birthday presents for family members and I've also been to the brand new Primark in Bluewater but managed to come away empty-handed which I'm over the moon about.  To be honest I didn't really like the Primark as it was so big and I'm not sure about you, but I really don't like shops if they are just too big! They scare me... I have no idea why!  I also feel I need to point out that my mum hasn't bought me anything either! If my best friend is reading this, that is specifically for you;-) 

I also think it may be down to me knowing a lot more about the style of clothes I like and how I like to be dressed.  I have never "followed fashion" and won't go to the shops just because Grazia or any other magazine tells me that a certain style of jeans or a certain dress is "hot right now".  I'll go if I think something will suit me.  My personal style is super easy - neutral colour palettes (very little colour features in my wardrobe), loose fit jeans, converse, baggy trousers, oversized t-shirts for every day wear and if I'm going out I always like my clothes to look a little smarter and dare I say, classy, but ultimately still "just jeans and a nice top"! 

I am still working my way through the Curated Closet Workbook but I know what I have and more importantly I know what additions I would like to add to my wardrobe to enhance it slightly.  I would love a classic black coat and a pair of oxblood loafers.  I have found the coat I love but have put it on my birthday list (I only have to wait until next month) and as yet, I haven't found any shoes I like so that's it... that's what I'm looking for and I can't find any.  I haven't been tempted by any lovely summery things in the shops (staple summer style for me is culottes and t-shirt or jeans and a t-shirt, of which I have loads!).  

I have used up some beauty items too this month which makes me equally happy.  I'm still not tiring of the feeling of an empty bottle being put into the recycling. 

GARNIER NATURAL ROSE WATER MOISTURISER
Sorry about the state of the bottle - I thought it was empty and decided to cut the top off and found about a month's worth of product still in there.  I love this moisturiser but haven't repurchased it as yet as I still have my Emma Hardie one I'm using.  I will buy this again though as it was £3.99 from Savers and my skin really liked it. 

MARK HILL MIRACOILICIOUS NOURISHING SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER
My friend gave me these and I really liked them.  I always worry about things containing any kind of oil because my hair is so fine, but it really helped changed the condition of my hair and leave it shiny.  I haven't repurchased these as I always like changing my shampoos so will try out another one now they are finished but overall I was really impressed with these. 

Are you doing a "no-buy" this year? What do you think about them? I'd love to know. 

Love Katherine xxx 




Comments

  1. I'm here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!