Finding My Style - Jogging Bottoms

Hey everyone, welcome to the second part of my "Finding My Style" series.  In my last post I spoke about how I had been "curating my closet" since January.  I will link that post here if you haven't read it but basically, in January I bought the Curated Closet Workbook by Anushka Rees and have been slowly working my way through it.

I'm not quite sure what I expected from it when I started but I've been happy with the results so far and it's also thrown up a few surprises for me too.  I go into much deeper depth in my last post so head over and take a read as today I'm just talking about one particular item of clothing that has found it's way into my weekly wear list and it's really taken me by surprise.  I'm talking about the humble jogging bottom!

Call them what you want - joggers, jogging bottoms, trackie bottoms, loungers...my experience with this particular clothing item has always been as oversized as possible (mens section anyone!) and solely reserved for painting and decorating or mowing the lawn.  I would never, I repeat NEVER venture out in public in my tracksuit bottoms! Until that is, my Curated Closet Workbook suggested I create a mood board of styles I like.  I have spent weeks and hours (and an unhealthy Pinterest addiction) doing this and you can see my Curated Closet Inspiration Board by heading over to Pinterest and searching for Blogs Of A Shopaholic.  So many different styles come up every day but one that kept popping up was the fitted jogging bottoms, casual t-shirt, biker jacket kind of look and I just totally loved it.  I pinned away and decided to make a note that a pair of good fitting jogging bottoms were a wardrobe must-have.

I got this simple black jersey pair from New Look for £9.99.  I tried them on and decided I liked the fit of the 14 better than the 12.  They are a bit more roomy but not baggy (not the look we are going for here).

I'm going to show you different ways you can style these to make it really work for your wardrobe and to show you they can do so much more than keep you cosy on a cold evening!! I've put together three looks for each category. 

So the three things I need to dress for in my life are: Everyday (Housework/Stay At Home Days) Everyday (Smart/Casual Days) and Going Out.

EVERYDAY (HOUSEWORK/STAY AT HOME DAYS)
Below are examples of how I would wear my jogging bottoms for days when I am home all day and just doing the cleaning, chores etc.  Since I've had these bottoms, I've worn nothing else at the weekends.
Plain Tee, Jogging Bottoms, Sketcher Trainers

Logo Tee, Jogging Bottoms, Converse Boots

Hoody, Jogging Bottoms, Converse Boots
EVERYDAY (SMART/CASUAL)
There are days when I'm not working but not at home, going out, whether to the shops, running errands or meeting a friend for a coffee.  I always like to look a little more "put together" if I'm actually leaving my house and seeing members of the general public and these bottoms are perfect for that too.  By just changing up the tops (adding a jumper instead of a t-shirt) and shoes (swapping for a more smarter pair of trainers) you can get a much classier look but still look and feel casual and comfortable.
Mock Neck Black Sweater, Jogging Bottoms, 
White/Rose Gold Star Trainers

Grey/Black High Neck Jumper, Jogging Bottoms
Black Platform Loafers

High Neck Striped Top, Jogging Bottoms
Black Platform Loafers 

GOING OUT
Who would have thought that jogging bottoms would be acceptable attire for a night out! I would totally wear these outfits to meet friends for drinks in the evening or a brunch/lunch date with the girls.  The bottoms are instantly transformed by adding a smarter jacket and shoes or boots.
Black Shirt, Jogging Bottoms, Leopard Boots

White Tank, Jogging Bottoms, Black Heeled Court and Black Blazer

White Tank, Jogging Bottoms, Black D'Orsay Flats and Black Biker

So there we have it, so many different ways of wearing a pair of jogging bottoms and really making them work hard in my wardrobe.  I love how I've discovered something new but that is effortlessly simple too!  I am all about the comfort factor nowadays!

What do you think? Would you wear jogging bottoms on a night out if they looked smart enough? I'd love to know what you think.

Love Katherine xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!