My No Buy Year - February 2019

MONTH TWO DONE

Ok, before I get started, let's just put this out there - confession time - there have been a few purchases this month!! Whilst I have been doing the No Buy Challenge I have also been "curating" my closet at the same time.  This has been, and still is, an ongoing thing and has required me to really look hard at my wardrobe, how I want it to work for me and also my inspirations etc.  I have decluttered and also realised that I was missing a few things in there that I felt would add to my wardrobe.  I don't want to talk to too much about that on this post (I shall do another post when I have finally completed the task) but like I said, there have been a few purchases and I always want to make sure I'm totally honest with you all.  But...I managed to get through February only spending around £30 so I am happy with that and it's a massive improvement on what I would normally spend in a month. 

So, other than the few purchases, I have managed to use up a few things too. When I started my No Buy I made an inventory of all my beauty and skincare items and my aim is to try and use up all of what I own this year. 

Things I've Used Up
The first thing I have used up this month is my Dirty Works Facial Oil. I've had this in my bathroom cabinet a good few years now and I made a conscious effort to finish it and get it into the recycling bin.  I have a load of skincare products to use up before I can replace any items so I'm happy to see this one finished.  Having said that though, I really loved this oil and it's available at Sainsburys for around £5 I think.  I would use it after cleansing in the evening, in the morning and sometimes would add a few drops to my foundation/tinted moisturiser.  If I didn't have so many other facial oils to use up, this would be on my "repurchase" list.
The second item to go this month is my Argan Oil Heat Defence Leave In Spray.  This is 99p from Savers and I LOVE it! I have already re-purchased this because at that price it's just a total bargain.  I spray it onto my damp hair and comb through and style.  I have tried a lot of heat protection products in my time but I have to say this is by far my favourite and has been for nearly two years now.

The last thing to be used up is this Burberry Home & Linen Spray in Rose.  This was actually given to me by a friend at the beginning of last year.  I am obsessed with Rose and anything Rose scented so this was perfect and unlike some home sprays, this one really lasted.  I would spray it in every room just before leaving for work and when I got home 5 hours later, the scent would still be there.  I'm not sure if this is still available to buy but I have made a note in my notebook that if I can find it anywhere, I will definitely repurchase this.

My aim for the next few months is to definitely stay away from temptation.  In hindsight, curating my closet at the same time as a no buy challenge wasn't the best idea but I'm feeling ok that I will definitely get a lot of wear out of the items I have purchased (you can head over to my Instagram to see what I have bought, I will posting updates over the next few days) and that I still have this under control.  My savings are up which is a first and I also have two holidays to look forward to which wouldn't be possible had I still be spending like I used to.  I've also feel great satisfaction with using up products too and look forward to each new month to see what empties I end up with.  

Are you doing a "no buy year" or have you set yourself any spending challenges? 

Love Katherine xxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!