Spring Skincare Part 3 - Skin Pampering

For me, nothing says relaxation like a nice hot bath and a face mask!  Just recently I have really made an effort to have a bath at least once a week and I use this time to just chill with Spotify on my phone (The Greatest Showman on repeat), give my face a good cleanse and then pop on a face mask, lay back and....relax!

My last post highlighted my evening skincare routine and whilst I do try to do this every evening, I like to take have at least one evening of the week where I take a bit more time and really make sure my skin is lovely and clean.  I will pop a link HERE to that post so you can head over and have a little read.  

I do follow the exact same routine before my bath which is: Micellar Water to remove make up and then a cleansing balm to give my skin a good cleanse and that's when I will choose a mask to pop on.  
The two types I have been reaching for lately are the L'Oréal Pure Clay masks and the Garnier Sheet Masks.

Both of these are super affordable (the Pure Clay masks are around £6.99 but often on offer and the Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue masks are around £3.00 but again, quite often there is an offer).  I am a bit disappointed with the Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue masks though in that when they were first launched last year they were only £1.50 and always on offer at £0.99 and I think because of their popularity Garnier have really hiked the prices up.  Having said that though, they are great masks so I will probably find myself still purchasing them as I really like how they leave my skin. 

What mask I choose is really just dependent on how I'm feeling at the time.  I have written an entire blog post about the L'Oréal Pure Clay Masks which I will link HERE so you can read in-depth my thoughts on each one of these.  There are three to choose from and I definitely reach for the Detox and Purity ones more so than the Glow one.  That's not to say I don't like the Glow mask, but I just seem to prefer the other two a little bit more.
Now, this may sound a little strange, but I have to be in the right frame of mind to choose a sheet mask as they are so freaking cold on your face when you first put them on and that puts me off just a bit.  If you can take a deep breath and get through the shock though you'll be rewarded with gorgeous hydrated skin.  
A sheet or tissue mask is a single mask that is drenched in serum and you apply to your face and leave it on for around 15-20 minutes.  Once you take it off you can then rub in any excess serum and you're good to go.  The other bonus with these are you will always get a load of excess serum in the bottom of the packet so I keep this and then apply the serum every now and again during the week.

When I first started using the Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue masks there was only one option available which was the  Super Hydrating Moisturising Mask but now there is loads of different options including Super Hydrating & Re-Balancing, Super Hydrating & Soothing and also a Lavender Hydrating option too.  Claiming to provide your skin with 24 hours of moisture, these are a great way to show your skin some extra love and attention.

I'd love to know how you find ways to relax and if you like using face masks - what are your favourites?

Love Katherine xxx 

Follow me on social media below:


*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*

Comments

  1. I am a fan of all these masks, love a good mask x
    katescloset.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. That's so good to know - they are great affordable masks which is always good to find xxx

      Delete
  2. I am with you on the bath and a face mask, its so relaxing! I have not actually ever tried a tissue mask, even though I always say Im going to pick some up. I love the Kiehls Calendula and Aloe soothing hydrating masque. Its amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I have never heard of that one before so next time I'm in Bluewater I will have a look. I think tissue masks do take a bit of getting used to but definitely worth it for a bit of pampering xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!