February Empties!

Hey everyone,

And just like that, we are at the end of another month! One more month closer to Spring but as I am writing this, the snow is falling down outside my window and setting a very (magical), wintery scene!

Last month I did a "favourites" post as there were a few things I had been really reaching for in January (I will link that here if you would like to take a look).  I am still loving those same things but have accumulated a couple of empties, so I thought I'd make February an "Empties" post, rather than storing them up for a huge blog post later.
The first thing to be finished up is my favourite ever perfume, Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent.  This was a bottle I got for Christmas 2016 and I had been down to the teensiest bit by around September and I was eeking it out to make it last.  To be fair, this has such a strong, long-lasting scent that one spray of this is all that's needed to last an entire day so I could have made this last much longer had I not been so liberal at the start of the year.  I now have a brand new bottle so no more stretching it out for me.  This is such a sexy, sweet smelling scent with notes of black coffee, vanilla and white floral but it isn't overpowering and is perfect for both day and night time.  This is definitely my signature scent and I constantly get asked what perfume I am wearing.
The next thing I used up this month was a little bottle of the Garnier Skin Active Pure Active 3 in 1 Wash, Scrub and Mask.  I got this in a My Little Box last year and it has been something I have reached for from time to time in the shower.  As the name suggests, it has three uses - a wash for a quick daily clean, a scrub for some gentle exfoliation or a mask for a more deeper clean.  I loved that this had multi-uses but I felt it had just a little too much eucalyptus in it for me.  I am quite fussy with products that contain eucalyptus and if it leaves my skin feeling a little too zingy or minty then it isn't for me.  That said, it didn't dry my skin out in any way and is really handy if you travel but as a personal preference, because of the "zingy factor" I wouldn't purchase this again.
Next up is the most gigantic-est (I know that's not a proper word but I love it) bottle of shower cream.  This is the Camomile & Bamboo Milk Soothing Shower Cream from Imperial Leather and I loved this.  Firstly because it was a present from my eldest son for Christmas (every year his school do a present buying event and they can choose a gift for £1.50) and he really put some thought into what I would like and secondly because it's blooming lovely and left my skin feeling soft and nourished and the scent is beautiful.  Not too heavily floral and really calming.  I have made it my mission to seek out another bottle of this as it's fab.
The last empty for this month is the Lacura Moisturising Face Wash from Aldi.  I picked this up in my weekly shopping as I wanted something for the shower to just have to hand to clean my face in the morning.  It was £0.99 and I think from the packaging it's Aldi's take on the Simple range.  I liked this, but I didn't love it.  It left my skin feeling quite dry when I got out of the shower which is something I dislike so although I have finished the bottle, I won't be replacing this one.
And that's the end of my February Empties.  Have you used up any products this month that you have loved or disliked?

Love Katherine xxx


Previous blog post: January Favourites!
Follow me on social media below:


*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*

Comments

  1. Great products! I’m sure I’ve seen that shower gel at Poundland, so definitely worth looking out for. Have a great March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I shall pop in there and have a look as it's so lovely and a bumper bottle too;-) Thank you lovely lady - you too xxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!