Spring Skincare Part 1 - Morning

I've been meaning to do a skincare related blog post for a while now but time has just slipped by (as always!).  Now that we've hit March though I thought it would be the perfect time to share my current skincare routine with you as I change my routine to fit in with the season ahead and Spring feels like it's most definitely on it's way.  I have decided to make March my "Skincare" month on the blog and will be posting regular weekly posts about my routines and the products I use so keep checking back as I will be uploading more regularly (or at least trying to) this month.

I do take my skincare quite seriously and whenever possible I try really hard to follow the same routine daily, saying that though, it doesn't always happen, but 99.9% of the time, it does and this is especially true of my morning skincare routine. 

The first thing I do (after brushing my teeth) is soak a cotton pad in micellar water and gently wipe it over my face.  I am currently using the Nivea Sensitive Caring Micellar Water and I really, really like this.  It's very refreshing but not in an uncomfortable way (I have found so many micellar waters that are so cold on my skin that I dislike using them) and I've found I do this out of habit now just to make sure my face is clean after getting out of bed.
Once in the shower I will use a face wash to clean my face.  I never use soap on my face as I find it so drying on my skin.  I am currently using my Glossier Milky Cleanser which is very mild so ideal as a face wash.  I recently finished up the Aldi Lacura Moisturising Face Wash and you can read my thoughts on that product HERE.

Once out of the shower I have been applying a facial oil.  I find I don't need to do this in the summer, but it's a must during the winter and coming into Spring.  The one I am using at the moment is the Dirty Works Pure Beauty Facial Oil which was a stocking filler a few Christmas's ago and I got round to finally opening it in January.  You can buy this direct from the Dirty Works web page (HERE) for £5.00 and if you fancy trying an affordable facial oil, I highly recommend this one.  It has no scent which I like and it soaks straight into my skin leaving it feeling hydrated and ready for moisturiser. 

The last step in my morning routine is moisturiser.  Now, I'm not loyal to one particular brand and I tend to flirt with a fair few at any given time  My current favourites though are the Body Shop Vitamin C Glow-Protect Lotion and Simple Protecting Light Moisturiser.  Both contain an SPF which is something I always look for in my morning moisturisers and both sink in nicely, leaving my skin prepped and ready for my make up.  My choice of which one I choose really just depends on what one my hand reaches for first.  I apply this making sure I give enough time for it to sink in (about 10 minutes) before applying make up. 
So that's my morning skincare routine.  It may seem like I use a lot of products but it doesn't take me any time at all to complete and I feel like good skin prepping in the morning gives you a great base to apply your make up for the day.

I would love to know what skincare care products you can't live without in the mornings.

Love Katherine xxx


Previous blog post: February Empties!
Follow me on social media below:


*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!