Review: My Little Box - January 2017

Hey everyone,

Happy New Year to you all!

So here we are at the start of a brand new month, and the start of a brand new year.  For me, January always means trying to get organised after the stresses of Christmas, planning and expectation of what the new year will bring.  It also brings with it the excitement of a whole new year of My Little Box and believe me, this month, I am beyond excited about what arrived on my doorstep!
For a start, it wasn't actually a box this month! It's a very pretty drawstring bag with a print on the front entitled "Fresh start" and a series of slogan's and motto's.  As much as I love the boxes that I've received previously, I am running out of room to store them (as they are too pretty to throw away) and I can always find use for a drawstring bag so I loved this touch.  I know the box will be back next month but I really hope these bags make another appearance at some point.
The pretty card with an explanation of the theme behind the box was the first thing I pulled out of the bag. 
As the theme of the box is new beginnings and fresh starts, My Little Box have decided not to include the regular My Little World magazine in favour of different things.  For this month it has been replaced by this absolutely gorgeous "Timeless Planner" which is right up my street.  I love diaries, calendars, planners, writing lists... you name it, planning wise....I'm there! This is great quality and has all you need to plan your year and make notes along the way.  Also with the planner is a set of five notecards , each featuring ways to better your life with ideas from psychologists, authors and life experts.
Another lifestyle item this month is a snood.  I love a snood and have a few favourites that I wear constantly so it's great to have a new one to add to my collection.  This is a very wearable navy blue colour, with a beige,white and black pattern and the quality of the fabric is fab too.
Onto the beauty items and the first thing I found was a Merci Handy Holy Mint Toothpaste.  This is the same brand as the antibacterial hand gel I received in July's Coconut box and I loved that so this is going straight into my holiday toiletry bag. 
I received two My Little Beauty products this month, the first being a hand cream.  It's called "Sweet Hand Cream - Velvet Hands" and is in a cute yellow tube.  I've given it a little test as I didn't want to fully open it and it's a very intensive thick cream which is perfect for this time of year.  It didn't leave a greasy residue at all and sunk in straight away.
The second My Little Beauty product was a "Boost Yourself - Revitalizing Body Cream".  Again, as with the hand cream, this is very intensive, but it sunk into my skin nicely and wasn't greasy at all.  It says it contains comforting sunflower seed oil and an extra zingy dose of ginger to really pep up your skin.  On both the hand cream and the body cream I couldn't smell any scent to the products but I'm fine with that.
The last thing I pulled out was a little pouch of Garnier Ultimate Blends Honey Treasures Strength Restorer Intensive Mask.  This is a sample and the full size (300ml) retails at £4.49.  I can't wait to pop this on my hair for an extra boost of nourishment.
This month's My Little Box (Bag) has been crammed full of thoughtful products to help ease me through the long, cold January and keep me feeling excited about what surprises February will bring.  Thank you My Little Box!
I'd love to know what you do to get through the month of January?

Love Katherine xxx


*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!