Favourite Beauty Products of 2016

So that's it...another year is over.  I really can't believe I'm writing dates on my new 2017 calendar and getting ready for a brand new year packed full of exciting things.  2016 will always hold some really special memories for me.  It was the year I turned 40 and had the most fantastic birthday party with my amazing family and friends.  We went on a holiday that we would never have usually booked but got to see some places that I've always wanted to visit.  I watched my best friend get married in the most beautiful wedding ceremony and I also decided to start my blog! I'm so happy I took the decision to do this, it's been a lot of fun writing about things that I love and sharing my opinions with you all.  It's definitely helped me gain some confidence to enable me to do other things I would like to do this year, and my planning has started on some exciting new things! 

My last two blogs to round off 2016 are going to be the one you're reading now - My Favourite Beauty Products of 2016 and a "Favourite Fashion Items of 2016" which I will link here if you'd like to take a read.
If you've been following my blogs you will know that in September I started a monthly "favourites" blog on the beauty products I've been reaching for the most so this is just me taking my absolute favourite ones from the year and rounding them up. 

Highlighters

First up is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit palette which I have used constantly since my friend brought it back from New York for me last Christmas.  It contains 6 mini powders (3 highlighters, 2 blushers and 1 bronzer) and even though they are smaller than an individual product, they last for absolutely ages.  Like I said, I use this nearly every day and I'm nowhere near hitting pan.  This retails here in the UK for £65 so it is very pricey but I think it's worth every single penny.

Next is my Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop.  This is just the most amazing highlighter I think I have ever used.  It's just gorgeous.  Although it's a powder it almost feels like a cream, it's so buttery and soft.  You need just the tiniest swipe of this over cheekbones and under your brow to give you the most amazing golden glow.  Again, this is another pricey product (£32) but I think worth every penny.
Primers

Two ends of the spectrum on my favourite primers I've been loving this year.  The first one is a real surprise as I didn't expect too much but the Rimmel Fix & Protect Primer has been an everyday staple since I picked it up around October time.  It's perfect for everyday use and makes my skin feel so nourished and ready for make up. 

My last primer favourite is the Becca Backlight Priming Perfector.  I use this when I'm going out as it's another expensive product (£32) and I don't want to use it up quickly.  It gives my skin such a lit-within glow and creates a perfect base for my make up.  This will definitely be another repurchase when I run out as I couldn't be without it.  I will link my "Holy Grail of Glow" blog here which talks more in depth about the Becca Skin Perfector and Priming Perfector.

Foundation

I had a few foundations in my favourites over the last few months but then I picked up the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation at the beginning of December and I have not been able to put it down.  It's great for every day use or can be built up for more coverage on a night out and leaves my skin looking dewy but not cakey.  I'm so pleased I gave this a go as I'm loving it.

Concealers

No surprises here - both the Rimmel Match Perfection and Bourjois Radiance Reveal concealers have appeared in my favourites.  I use them both together and they just seem to really help my dark circles.

Bronzers

Apart from the bronzer in the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit, the one that surprised me the most this year was the L'Oreal Glam Bronze Cushion De Soleil.  I was a bit sceptical about the whole "cushion" products but I didn't stop using this throughout the summer.  It's really easy to use and gave such a subtle bronze glow.

Mascara

Again, no surprises here - the My Little Beauty mascara that came with the My Little Beauty September box was a real surprise.  A great product for day or night use and it doesn't transfer to under my eyes which is always a bonus.

Eyeshadow Palette

I couldn't do a 2016 favourites without mentioning the Too Faced Chocolate Bon-Bons palette.  I bought this on holiday in France in the summer and I think I've used it every single day.  The smell of the shadows when you apply them, the great range of colours, the pigmentation, just everything about this palette is a dream.  I will link my separate review of this here for a more in-depth read. 

Lip Products

There have been two stand-out lip products that I've loved this year.  The first is the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors and Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil.  I thought I would use these most during the summer but I've reached for them constantly throughout the whole year.
Lastly, the Rimmel The Only1 Matte lipsticks are just a-maz-ing! For anyone that followed my December Lipstick Challenge over on Instagram will know I raved about these.  I now have about four shades and can't get enough of them.  Great formulation, last for ages and most importantly, don't dry your lips out - for £6.99 what more could you ask for.  I will link my separate review of these here.
So that's it for the products I've really loved using throughout 2016.  I'd love to know if you have any products you've really fallen in love with this year.

Thank you all for your support over the last few months, it really has been a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to plenty more reviews and posts in 2017. 

September favourites can be found here
October favourites can be found here
November favourites can be found here

Happy New Year!

Love Katherine xxx


*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!