My Charlotte Tilbury Collection

Somewhere between December 2017 and now I have managed to develop a fairly out-of-control addiction to Charlotte Tilbury!

Up until the end of last year I didn’t own any Charlotte Tilbury products at all, but spent many an hour scrolling through her website looking at all the beautiful things and spent far too much time watching her You Tube videos.  It was actually Kerry Life and Loves who made my ears prick up when she blogged about her Beauty Glow Palette (you can see that post here).  I popped that straight onto my Christmas list but Santa must have misplaced that as it wasn’t under my tree (boo....maybe this year)! 

I did however receive the iconic “Pillow Talk” Matte Revolution lipstick from my best friend and that was it....hooked, right there and then! 

The excitement of opening up a Charlotte Tilbury item for me is a bit like Charlie in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory when he opens up his bar of chocolate to see if there’s a golden ticket inside.  It’s something that has to be done really slowly, in peace and quiet and is, quite frankly, a moment to be savoured!! 

This post is just a little (it’s actually quite long) homage to my ever-growing collection of Charlotte Tilbury products...

Lipsticks

Matte Revolution - "Pillow Talk"
Any fan of Charlotte Tilbury will know this lipstick very, very well! It’s the one that I think is most talked about, most mentioned and totally iconic.  Starting off life as a shade in her range of lip pencils, Charlotte bought out the lipstick version as a limited edition.  Thankfully though, it seems it’s here to stay.
  
Matte Revolution - shade "Pillow Talk"
Pillow Talk is a very wearable nude with just a hint of pink and matches my lip tone perfectly.  The formula is beautiful and even though it’s matte, I don’t even know I’m wearing it.  It never dries my lips out and wears incredibly well.

Matte Revolution - “Very Victoria”
I’m not going to lie, I got this solely because I read it was the Duchess of Sussex’s favourite lipstick and I was instantly sold on that one! I think she is amazing and stunning and effortlessly beautiful so if I can have the same lippie as her, that can make up for not marrying Prince Harry myself!! 
Matte Revolution - shade "Very Victoria"
Almost identical to Pillow Talk, Very Victoria is also very different.  They look almost identical in the bullet but on my lips there’s a noticeable difference and Very Victoria, for me, is a lot more pinkier in tone whereas Pillow Talk has a slightly more brown tone. 

I have worn this pretty much every day and it’s such an easy, flattering shade, I can see why Meghan likes it so much.

Matte Revolution – “The Queen”
The Queen is a very bright pink and I have to say, I’m quite scared of wearing pink, but I really love this one and think it suits my warm toned skin really well.  For me, it’s not an everyday shade I wear a lot but I think I will definitely wear this loads on holiday.
Matte Revolution - shade "The Queen"
K.I.S.S.I.N.G Hot Lips – “Hot Emily” 
Carrying on the holiday theme I bought this gorgeous coral-coloured lipstick for my holiday.  As with every other CT lip product, wearability is amazing.  I love the creamy texture this has and considering it’s so bright, it’s incredibly easy to wear.  It doesn’t settle in any lines around my lips and stays on for ages.
  
K.I.S.S.I.N.G Hot Lips - shade "Hot Emily"

K.I.S.S.I.N.G Hot Lips – “Tell Laura” 
I probably didn’t need another coral lipstick but you can never have too many...right?
K.I.S.S.I.N.G Hot Lips - shade "Tell Laura"
This is definitely brighter than “Hot Emily” and the perfect summer shade.  I can’t wait to try this one out and can imagine myself sipping a mojito with a huge straw hat, shades on and this on my lips (ok, maybe not the straw hat but you get what I mean)! 


Luxury Eye Palette- Golden Goddess
This is such a gorgeous addition to my collection.  Bought for me by my mum and dad for my birthday, this palette is simply stunning.

Featuring four complimenting eyeshadow colours – this can be used day or evening and you can control what look you want to go for.  Perfect to create a natural day look but you can also add more of the darker shades and create an amazing smoky eye.

Formulation is always important to me and this didn’t disappoint.  They apply effortlessly and have a very buttery feeling and the pigmentation is what you would expect it to be.  I do get a little fall out with these but I just remember to really tap my brush off before I apply it. 
Hollywood Flawless Filter – shade “Light/Medium (3)”
I blame the eyeshadow palette for this as it came with 3 luxury samples and the Flawless Filter was one of them (Wonder Glow and Magic Cream Moisturiser being the other two). 

I can only describe this as a bottle of pure gold and I instantly fell in love with it.  Described as “a customisable complexion booster with the versatility of a primer, the mega-watt glow of a highlighter and the perfecting properties of your favourite digital filter” clearly this has multi-uses (I like that in a more expensive product as I feel I’m getting my money’s worth).  I use it before my foundation all over my face as a brightener, and after as a highlighter on my cheeks and nose.  I have also recently mixed it with my foundation and I love the look that gave too so all-in-all, this is a winner in my eyes.
This was out of stock online and in every store for a while and I had to wait (I know... I HATE waiting for things) but it eventually came back in stock so I snapped one up (I think it’s back out of stock again now...sad face).

The packaging is luxe and is a gorgeous glass bottle with a ridged effect down the side and it features a doe-foot style applicator.  I thought it may be difficult to apply but actually gives just the right amount of product so you can control it much more effectively. 
Lip Lustre Lipgloss – shade “Ibiza Nights”
Another product that was out of stock everywhere in Bluewater but luckily for me, in stock online, I ordered this along with the Flawless Filter (handy tip – I definitely recommend buying online as the samples you can choose are great and I find much better than in store).
I was after this for holiday as it has a lovely bronze shimmer to it.  Worn on its own it’s very pretty, but worn on top of either Pillow Talk or Very Victoria, it’s stunning.  I was so surprised by this as I didn’t expect it to blow my mind, but I love it and wear it nearly every single day.  

Lip Lustre - shade "Ibiza Nights" (it is very subtle and you can just see a shimmer 
on my wrist)
I also think this could be the first lipgloss I finish.......ever! 

Beach Sticks – shades “Ibiza” & “Las Salinas”
I’m a sucker for cream products in the summer and was after a cream bronzer for using every day.  I saw these on the website and had a little swatch of them in store.  Honestly, my first impression of the bronzer (Ibiza) was that it was a bit too glittery (I’m talking noticeable chunks of glitter on the back of my hand) but me being me, bought it anyway!!! I also bought Las Salinas which is a bright pink colour and I thought they would go well together as a bronzer/blush combination. 
How right I was!! I think maybe the tester for Ibiza was a bit old as I don’t pick up any trace of glitter at all on my face so I’m super happy I did buy it.  For a simple 5-minute face I swipe this over my temples, cheeks, nose and chin and blend, blend, blend.  Pop a dab of Las Salinas on my cheeks and I’m good to go!! 
Left to right: Las Salinas and Ibiza
I think these will be the only two things I need in my holiday make up bag (along with lippies of course) and as I’ve said for pretty much everything...... I use these every, single day!!

So that is my ever-expanding Charlotte Tilbury collection.  My mum thinks I have way too many lipsticks but I just think you can never have too many (and let’s face it...I wouldn’t be a shopaholic if I thought I had enough).  I also think if you find a brand of lipstick or makeup that you can love everything about (formulation, colour pay-off, wearibility) then why not stick to it?  Having said that, I do think I should step away from Charlotte Tilbury counter for now....but I have just heard there’s a new online exclusive lipstick available...…


Love Katherine xxx 


Previous blog post: L'Oreal Summer Haul
Follow me on social media below:



*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*

Comments

  1. Wow I really enjoyed reading this and seeing your beautiful swatches x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely-I did love writing this...CT products just make me smile😍xxx

      Delete
  2. If you are looking for best online cosmetics store in USA, then TrendRunner is one of the best choices for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!