L'Oreal Summer Haul

Last month I did a bit of “pay-day” shopping and found myself at the L’Oreal counter in Boots.  They had their new Spring/Summer range out and I was completely sucked in by the beautiful bronze, summery theme.

As everything was on 3 for 2 I picked up a huge haul and here are my thoughts after giving them a go for the last month:-

Glow Mon Amour Highlighting Drops
I was really unsure whether to pick this up as I couldn’t see myself using liquid highlighter on a daily basis but as it was 3 for 2 I thought “why not?”.  There are two different shade options, “Champagne” and “Bellini” and I chose Champagne just because it was more golden than Bellini which is a little more peachy/orange.  A couple of dots on the tops of my cheekbones after I’ve done my concealer and foundation and I’m good to go.  I blend it in with a beauty blender and I love, love, love the subtle sheen it gives my cheeks.   It says you can also use it alone, under foundation or even mixed in with foundation, of which, the last two I haven't tried yet but it seems there are a lot of uses for this little bottle of shiney-ness!  I’m over the moon with this purchase.

Glow Mon Amour Highlighting Liquid in Champagne
There are a few negatives to this product though - the bottle is sturdy and glass which I like but it has a rubber-tipped pipette and the rubber part gets really dirty (just picking it up after applying your concealer etc) so it looks very grubby now.  The pipette isn’t great either and doesn’t squeeze out the product very well but instead just blows a bubble which is a bit strange but as there is so much product in the bottle, you don’t need to squeeze it at all and you can just dab the whole thing on your cheek.  Lastly, going back to how much product there is – there is loads (which is a good thing) but it does get messy when you’re closing it back up but I’ve learned if you do it slowly and carefully, nothing spills out over the side.
Would I purchase this again? Yes definitely.  I think it will last forever but I wouldn’t hesitate in buying it again if it did run out.

La Vie Highlighting Palette
Did I need another powder highlighting palette? Probably not, but this screamed at me to pop it in my basket as it just looked so golden and beachy.  There are two colour options for these palettes – Golden and Cool and I chose the Golden to match my skin tone the best.    Each palette contains four highlighting shades which I think is great value.  
La View Highlighting Palette in Golden
Formulation is spot on for these and you only need the tiniest dusting with a fan brush to give a gorgeous glow.  Intensity can be built up too for a more glam look depending on what you’re after.  I definitely think I will get a lot of use out of this palette through the summer. 
La Vie Highlighting Palette - swatches of all four shades
Back To Bronze Bronzing Powder
I love trying out different bronzers and saw this one and loved the packaging.  I have no idea why but it just reminded me of being on holiday.  There isn’t really too much to say about this other than it’s a really nice matte bronzer.  You get a lot of product and the compact is cute with a mirror and small brush too.  
Back To Bronze Bronzing Powder


Life’s A Peach Blush Powder
I definitely didn’t need another peach blusher but this was next to the bronzer and the model in the advertising was wearing them both together.... and you get where I’m going here don’t you. 

Packaged the same as the bronzer, you get a lot of product and the compact is the same with a mirror and small brush. 

I really like the colour of this – it’s not shiny but gives just the right amount of colour payoff and used together with everything else in the range, I love how it looks.
Life's A Peach Blusher


Bonjour Nudista Skin Tint
This is my least favourite product of everything I bought and I think the one I’m most disappointed about.  
Bonjour Nudista in the shade Medium
I always love tinted moisturisers around this time of year and this is described as “waking up your skin with a radiant glow”.  When I swatched it I thought it felt lovely but actually on my face it feels completely different.

It’s very, very thick and you need to work fast with this as it becomes impossible to blend otherwise.  I found it was dry and left my skin looking really flat, patchy and lifeless.   Such a shame as I was hoping for something dewy and light but this definitely isn’t that!  This one is a big no-no from me!


L’Oreal Paradise Mascara in Black  
This wasn’t part of the new range but I picked one up to make the 3 for 2.  I’d heard good things about it so thought I’d give it a go.  At first I loved it – it left my lashes looking full but not OTT but as the month has gone on I’ve noticed the wand is getting very clumpy and it’s hard to get a good finish to my lashes now. 

I’m always trying new mascaras so I’m not massively disappointed by this but I definitely won’t repurchase this one again.


L’Oreal Lipgloss – Dazzle
I’ve really got back into lipglosses recently and feel like I’m reliving my twenties where that seemed to be all I wore.  I just wanted a bronze/golden gloss which would be perfect for the summer.  I saw this one and I love the formulation – it’s really easy to wear and comfortable but I think it’s just a bit too pale for me on its own.  I think I can get away with layering it over something else though so not a complete disaster.


L'Oreal Lipgloss in the shade "Dazzle"
Color Riche Shine Lipsticks in 245 (High On Craze) and 643 (Hot IRL)
I’ve decided I don’t have enough lipsticks so picked up a few more (yep, you got it....because it was 3 for 2)!  I’ve never used this formulation before but I love them.  They don’t last for long (but they don’t claim to) and are just super easy to wear.

High On Craze is a light coral/orange perfect with a tan in the summer and Hot IRL is a nude brown.

Color Riche Shine Lipstick in 245 "High On Craze"

Color Riche Shine Lipstick in 643 "Hot IRL"
So that’s how I’ve found my little summer make up haul.  There are a few disappointing products in there but I’m glad I tried them out.  Do you change your make up for summer?

Love Katherine xxx



Follow me on social media below:



*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!