Review: Oliver & Lee Hair Design

About a month ago I was contacted via my Facebook page (Blogs Of  A Shopaholic) to receive a complimentary* haircut at the Oliver & Lee Hair Design studio, based in Sittingbourne in Kent.
I hadn't heard of them before but a lovely lady called Nicola wrote to me and explained that she followed my blog and thought I would be perfect to pop in and see what they had to offer so I made an appointment for Friday 18th May.  

Oliver & Lee Hair Design Ltd opened in February 2018 and is run by hairdresser Oli, together with Nicola who runs the front of house element like clockwork.  Oli has been in the profession for over 20 years and crafted his trade at Tiffs in Chatham.  Having had my hair cut before at Tiffs, I knew straight away how professional and cutting edge Oli would be from my previous experience there.   

From the moment I walked in to the salon I was immediately made to feel welcome and the atmosphere inside was warm, friendly and relaxed.

The salon décor is simply stunning with gorgeous teal walls, ornate furnishings and a stunning black ceiling which makes for a very cosy and intimate feel.




Oli introduced himself to me and straight away put me at ease (I always get a little nervous going to a hair salon for the first time), talking about social media, how the salon came about, his vision for the future and also his ideas behind the décor. 
  
Once Oli and I had finished chatting we moved over to a chair to discuss what I wanted to do with my hair.  My consultation with Oli was very in-depth and I never felt rushed at all.  From this consultation it was immediately clear that Oli knew exactly what he was talking about and took the time to explain things about my hair that I would never have known before (always brush your knots out from the bottom? who knew?).  As I'm growing my hair we decided to go for a tidy up with the addition of a few light layers as I was concerned I needed some sort of style and that my hair can be very knotty.  Oli explained that with longer hair, a "style" as such isn't necessary as your eye isn't drawn to the top of your head as it is with short hair but actually the bottom of your hair, so for longer hair the appearance and condition is the most important thing. 

I was also asked what music I listen to and the next thing I knew, Taylor Swift is playing just for me in the salon.  I don't think I have ever been to a salon where the music has been my choice!
I loved the shampoo and hot towel and found it really relaxing and then it was time for the cut.  Through all stages, Oli spoke to me about what he was doing and why he was doing it in that particular order.  After cutting, my hair was finished with a blow-dry and straighten.  Again, Oli explained what products he was using on my hair to finish my style and used a Finishing Fudge by Morgan's to give the ends a little bit of definition.  I loved that this brand is local (based in Whitstable) and for me gave even more of an intimate feel to my appointment. 

Oli is available every day and a ladies cut and finish is £46 and a men's cut and finish is £38.  In between my appointment and writing this blog, Mark has been recruited for Saturday's and a ladies cut and finish with him is £38 and men's £30.  All appointments include a full consultation, shampoo, hot towel and head massage, cut and finish and appointments are given on an hourly basis.  Colouring is also available with both Oli and Mark. 

My whole experience at Oliver & Lee was relaxed, warm and friendly which I think is everything you need when you are trusting someone new with your hair.  From the moment I sat down with Oli, I knew straight away I could trust him 100% and he knew exactly what he was talking about.  I have never been one to worry about hairstyles - I have had short hair for about 40 years of my life - so being daring with my hair has never scared me, but I always need to know that I can trust the person cutting my hair implicitly and to make sure they understand myself and my hair. Oli really takes the time to get to know you and to understand what it is that you want from your appointment so you walk away feeling happy.


I will definitely be booking another appointment with Oli and am super excited to see where this little hair journey will take me! 

If you would like to know more about the Oliver & Lee Hair Design studio you can follow them on their social media:-


    
Love Katherine xxx 



Follow me on social media below:







*Although I was offered this service in exchange for a blog review, I have given my absolute honest opinion.  I would never give false reviews or recommend something if I felt it didn't reach my expectations. 






Comments

  1. Ohhh now this salon looks like a great find! I wish they had one over this side of the bridge. I love the little personal touches and things like the drink men. It all adds to an experience as opposed to just a hair cut i think it. Looks gorgeous lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!