May Favourites!

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone has been enjoying this gorgeous weather we've been having here in the UK.  A little bit of warmth and sunshine really does make me feel happier and healthier.

It's May Favourites time so below are the things I've been relying on to get me through this month.  I will put it out there that make-up wise, everything is pretty much as it was in April and I haven't really changed anything up at all.  I'm still obsessed with the Tanya Burr palette and lipstick I mentioned in my April Favourites so instead of repeating everything I said about them I will pop the link to that blog post here so you can go and take a look but they were staples in my make-up when I went away.
My Little Beauty Vitamin Shot Facial Scrub
I'll start with skincare and the first thing I've been using over and over is the My Little Beauty Vitamin Shot facial scrub that I received in my April box (click here to read my full review).  It's permanently in the shower and I use it twice a week to give my face a little extra TLC.  It has a lovely scent and feels really gentle on my skin.  It lathers easily and leaves my skin feeling nourished.
The Body Shop Skin Defence Multi-Protection Essence SPF50 - £20.00
An essential part of my skincare routine is applying an SPF to my face and I can't rave highly enough about the Body Shop SPF50 multi-protection cream.  It has a lovely thin texture (I hate the feeling of thick creams on my face) and blends in beautifully.  Most importantly though it doesn't leave my face looking pale and with a white film that some facial sunscreens can.  I also use this on my youngest little boy who is allergic to most sunscreens and he has had no reactions to this at all.  It may seem a pricey option but it lasts both of us the entire summer and well into autumn so I think that's pretty good value.
IT Cosmetics "Your Skin But Better" CC+ Cream with SPF50 - £30
I picked this CC Cream up from Sephora whilst I was in New York and I haven't put it down.  I recently put up an entire blog post dedicated to my thoughts on this so I will link that here if you want to have more of an in-depth read about it (**spoiler alert - I absolutely love it and think it's a fantastic cream).  IT Cosmetics have just launched in the UK too via Selfridges so I will definitely be picking up a few more of their products.
Argan Oil Heat Defence Leave In Spray (with Moroccan Argan Oil) - £1
I bought this from Savers and I have to say this is fast becoming my favourite high street drug store.  My hair seemed to be looking a little dry so I thought I would give it an extra bit of love and use an oil of some description.  I tend to find that oils that you apply onto your hand and smooth in are always too heavy for my fine hair so I went with this as it was a spray and as it's heat defence and a leave-in I can just spray it onto damp hair and style as usual.  This is an absolute bargain at £1 and I love it.  It leaves my hair feeling healthy and shiny and at a fraction of the price of some other high street brands.  This has now become a must-have in my daily hair care routine and is a definite holy-grail product.
Zoella "Hand On Heart" Antibacterial Hand Gel - £3.50
I popped one of these into my pre-holiday shop basket whilst I was in Superdrug as I love a good hand gel.  I did think this one was a little pricey at £3.50 but actually, after having used it hundreds of times on holiday, hardly any of it has disappeared so this is going to last ages.  It has a really nice subtle "Zoella" summery trademark scent that isn't too overpowering and most importantly isn't the usual strong antibacterial smell that some hand gels can be.  I love the Zoella beauty range and this has made me want to try her original hand cream too.
New York City
I was lucky enough to spend six days in New York in May which was a 40th birthday present from my mum and dad.  It took a while to plan but I wanted to go before I turned 41 so spent the week before my birthday there.  I think I may do a whole blog post on my trip as there was just so much to see and do but I honestly couldn't recommend a trip there enough.  The memories we made will stay with me forever and I know for certain I will go back.  New York City definitely stole my heart.

What things have you all been loving in the month of May?

Love Katherine xxx



Useful links:

Previous blog post: IT Cosmetics "Your Skin But Better" CC+ Cream With SPF50
Previous "Favourites" blog post: April Favourites!
Latest YouTube videos: New York Haul and New York Haul Part 2
Follow me on social media below:

Bloglovin'
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook

*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*








Comments

  1. I hope you had a fantastic New York trip. I would love to read all about it. These products all look great xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!