June Favourites!

Hey everyone,

It's nearly the end of June unbelievably! I'm not too worried that the month's are flying by though as I'm getting closer to my summer holiday so we are counting down the days here.

The things I've been reaching for and loving this month are mainly more than one thing from a few brands so I'll get straight into it.
The Glossier Range
I picked up this range of skincare and cosmetics from New York in May.  Unfortunately it's still unavailable in the UK but the rumour is it should be available to buy online by the end of the year.  I uploaded a YouTube channel on my first thoughts on these products which I will link here if you want to have a look at everything but listed below are the things I've used literally every day since I got them...

Milky Jelly Cleanser
This has such a cult following over on Instagram and YouTube and for good reason.  I love it.  The texture is strange...it isn't a jelly but isn't a gel either.  It's more of a runny, balmy liquid that you pump onto your hand and work into your skin.  You then add water and it lathers gently (but doesn't get foamy) and then just rinse off.  It's so gentle and I love how it leaves my skin feeling.  I'm not too keen on the smell (it's not fragrant but there is definitely a smell to it) but I can live with that as it's a great make up remover.
Priming Moisturiser
I've used this nearly everyday since I got it and it's a lovely moisturiser.  I really like the tube and it's easy to dispense the right amount.  I have found I don't need a huge amount of this (a pea-size is enough) to give my face enough moisture.
Stretch Concealer
Again, another Glossier product with a cult following and for good reason.  I love that this isn't cakey or thick, it's actually quite thin and sheer, but I find with my Rimmel Match Perfection underneath this has done wonders for my dark circles.  I dab it on with my Beauty Blender and it's really easy to blend in and most importantly doesn't crease during the day.  A must-have now in my make up routine.
Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipgloss - shade "02 - Beauty Approved"
This has literally been on my lips every single day this month.  These are so affordable at £2.30 and the quality and longevity is just incredible.  I have had tried a fair few expensive matte liquid lipsticks over the years and I have to say, I really think this product is one of my all-time favourites.  I have since bought a few more shades which I have yet to try out (mainly because I'm so obsessed with this one) so I really hope they live up to my expectations.
 
Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner - shade "Addiction"
I bought this at the same time as the Essence lipgloss and use the two together as it's a great natural shade.  It has a twist-up mechanism and the liner is very creamy.  This makes it super easy to apply and doesn't drag my lips at all.  I will be using this under all my nude lip products.

IT Cosmetics "Your Skin But Better" CC+ Cream
This was another New York purchase but has since become available via Selfridges in the UK now.  I won't go into too much detail about this product as I have a blog post dedicated to it which I will link here if you would like to find out more about it.  I'm so glad I picked this up though as I absolutely love it and definitely think it was worth every single penny.
IGK Down & Out Dirty Spray
Another New York purchase (there's a bit of a theme going on this month!) and I talk about it in my YouTube video which I will link here.  I was a little sceptical as to what to expect with this product as it's quite pricey at $29 (approximately £22) and I've used a VO5 Texture Spray for years but this is so different.  It does give my hair "texture" but it also does so much more than that too.  It definitely adds volume when used at the roots but the thing I love the most about it is it gives my hair "grip".  It's like second-day hair but on freshly washed hair.  I only need to use the tiniest spray of this to give my hair a boost so it's going to last me absolutely ages but when I eventually do run out I will definitely re-purchase.  Oh, and the smell is a-maz-ing!
Skinny Dip Flamingo Print Compact brush - Tangle Teezer
I picked this up with some Boots vouchers I had and I'm not going to lie... I was completely sucked in by the flamingos.  It was about £3 more expensive than the others but there was no way I could leave it in the shop! My hair is probably the longest it has ever been before and I find that if I wear it down, it does get knotty during the day, so I bought this to carry around in my handbag whenever I need it.  It does a great job untangling and doesn't pull my hair at all.  My hair definitely feels a lot healthier and happier after I've used this through it.
Tartelette "In Bloom" Eyeshadow Palette
I thought I'd end on one last final New York purchase and one I haven't stopped using.  Like the IGK spray, I was unsure whether to get this or not as it was pricey at $46 (approximately £35) but I think it's worth every penny.  I will write a longer blog post on this soon but the looks you can create with this one palette are just endless and the formulation is just amazing.  The shadows apply like butter and are just so easy to blend.

That's it for my June Favourites so thank you so much for reading.  I didn't realise until I wrote this how many of the things I have been loving were bought in New York but that actually makes me quite happy and almost like I chose really well and thoughtfully!

Have you tried any of the products I have mentioned?

Love Katherine xxx  

Useful links:

Previous blog post: Review: My Little Box - June 2017
Latest YouTube video: Summer Haul| Matalan & Primark
Follow me on social media below:

Bloglovin'
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook

*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!