I Heart Make Up Haul

Hey everyone,

I stumbled across this make up brand by accident on YouTube and it has become a little bit of an obsession since then. 

I Heart Make Up is the sister brand to Make Up Revolution which is a super affordable make up range available in Superdrug.  I have tried a few of their products and have been impressed and they do great quality eyeshadow palettes in so many different colours and formulations.  Make Up Revolution are also known to be a great dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palettes which retail at a heck of a lot more money.  That was how I found the I Heart Make Up range as their "chocolate" palettes are seen as a great dupe for the Too Faced Chocolate Palettes, which if you've followed my blog for a while, you'll know, I absolutely adore.

I'm not going to make this blog post a direct comparison as I do want to do that separately, so for now, this is just a quick review of the two eyeshadow palettes I picked up and the blusher too.
So, there are nine eyeshadow palettes in the "Chocolate" range and they retail at £7.99 (the "Golden" palette is £9.00) and are available to buy online or in store at Superdrug.  I love that you can buy these in Superdrug as they often do 3 for 2 on cosmetics so it's a great way to stock up.  Each palette contains 16 shades in a good mixture of mattes and shimmers and apparently carry a "chocolate" scent when applied.  They all come with a large mirror on the inside of the lid, a double-ended eyeshadow brush and a plastic overlay giving the names of each shade.

I picked up the "Naked Chocolate" and "Chocolate & Peaches" palettes and a Blushing Hearts blusher in the shade "Queen of Hearts.

First of all, I love the packaging of the eyeshadow palettes! It's a very sturdy plastic which is made to look like a half-melting chocolate bar.  For each palette, there's a different colour so it's easy to know which one you want to use (if you have a lot of them) without needing to look on the back or open them up.

Naked Chocolate

This seemed the most neutral palette to go for and a good one to start with.  The packaging is pale yellow and it has 6 matte shades and 10 shimmery shades that compliment each other perfectly in gorgeous browns and gold tones.  It's so easy to create numerous different looks with this palette - a neutral daytime or a dramatic evening look.  My favourites so far have been Milky, Way, Tob-le-rone and Divine.


Chocolate & Peaches

I was beyond excited to see this one in Superdrug as it's been sold out online forever (this is seen as a great dupe for the much-hyped Too Faced "Sweet Peach" Palette) so I grabbed it without even really looking at the colours.  The packaging is peach coloured (of course) and again, there are 16 shades in a mixture of mattes and shimmers.  It has all bases covered here with neutral brown/earthy tones, sweeter peach and pinks and then the darker more dramatic shades to create a multitude of looks but at the same time has spring written all over it.  I found with this palette the matte shades are a little harder to blend than the shimmers, but not enough to disappoint me at all.


I have to say, I haven't picked up the scent of chocolate on these but this doesn't bother me as the formulation and pigmentation of these powders are just ah-maz-ing for the price!  They apply so easily and feel almost buttery and are so easy to blend out.  Staying power is great too - with or without eye primer, and there is no creasing.  I would definitely recommend these, especially if you have been thinking about the Too Faced palettes but are unsure whether to spend that much money.  They are a good affordable way of finding out if the shades would work for you.

Blushing Hearts Blusher - "Queen of Hearts"

I was drawn to these blushers mainly because they are just soooo cute!  They are in 3D heart-shaped packaging and there's a massive choice of shades to choose from.  I found it really hard to pick just one as they are only £4.99 so a total bargain, but I settled on this shade to give them a go and see if I liked them.  They are triple-baked and have three shades of powder running diagonally across the pan.
When I got home I thought I'd bought the wrong colour as it looks really dark and really shimmery so I put off using this for a while.  Do not be afraid of this though....it gives a perfect glow to my cheeks - not too shimmery and not too pink either.  I love it and am officially hooked on these!  I just swirl my blush brush over the three shades, tap off any excess and gently apply it to the apples of my cheeks.

Overall, I think the I Heart Make Up range is a great value for money high street brand, with plenty of things to suit everybody's taste and purse too.  I will definitely be purchasing more eyeshadow palettes and blushers and having a look at some of their other products too.

I'd love to know if you have ever used anything from this brand and if you love them as much as I do.

Love Katherine xxx


Useful links:-

You can buy the I Heart Make Up range from Superdrug by clicking here.
Previous Blog Post: Model's Own Christmas Gift Set




*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!