Tanya Burr's "Beauty & The Feast" Christmas Set

Hey everyone, 

As you all know by now, I LOVE the Tanya Burr cosmetics range but haven't had a chance to try too many of her products.  I bought two bargain lipsticks in Superdrug in the Spring/Summer (if you fancy giving the range a try it's worth checking for a sale as they do mark things down and my favourite pink lipstick - Central Park - was knocked down to a bargain £1.75!)I thought at the time it would be because they were being discontinued but that shade is still sold to my knowledge, so bargain hunters amongst us, keep your eyes peeled.

I'm also not a huge fan of "gift sets", especially at Christmas time. Sceptical I know, but I think they just make me think of the lip palettes I used to get when I was about 12 (which I loved by the way), but now wouldn't really cut the mustard if you know what I mean.

On first impressions though, the packaging of this gift set is just stunning.  The artistry on the unusual octagonal box is a sparkly, wintery scene, showing snow-covered shops with gorgeous "chocolate" themed names like "Truffles & Co", "Chocolate Chip", "Sweet Selections" and "Cherry on Top".   From this, you can clearly gather that the products inside have a chocolate theme and when you pull open the pink ribbon holding it together, the products are beautifully packaged inside with tissue paper.
Packed inside with products which enable you to create two different looks I was really surprised at what you get for your cash.  Just to put it into perspective - one Tanya Burr cheek palette (containing a blusher, bronzer and highlighter) is £8.00 and in this set you receive one full cheek palette, one eyeshadow palette containing 6 shades (matte and shimmery), two cream eyeshadow sticks, one golden face illuminator, and two full size matte lipsticks.  Before Christmas, this retails at £50, but then with pre-Christmas offers, it drops to a very reasonable £30, but after Christmas is where the real bargain is to be had as in the sale you can pick it up for £15 which is a huge bargain for the contents inside.  
Sweet Cheeks Face Palette
L-R Bronzer (Toffee Crunch), Blush (Coco Blush) Highlight (Champagne Shimmer)

Too Tempting Eyeshadow Palette 
Top Row L-R - Crème de la Crème, Gold Star, Hazelnut Coco
Bottom Row L-R Cookies and Cream, Christmas Mocha, Chocolate Coin

Cream Eyeshadow Sticks - L-R Melt My Heart and Sweet Sugar


Golden Face Illuminator



Matte Lipstick in L-R - Belgian Truffle and Winter

Matte Lipstick in "Winter"
Matte Lipstick in "Belgian Truffle"


I have tried out both of the recommended looks (both of which are posted below) and I really loved both of them.  The first is a very natural look and the second is a slightly more "glam" look, ideal for Christmas day or parties. Of course, you can make up any look that takes your fancy, but I love that there is help from Tanya if you need it.
Look 1 - "Tis The Season For Champagne Bubbles"

Look 2 - "Tis The Season For Sweet Chocolate"
Overall, I love everything about this little gift set and it has made me even more excited to try out more of her products.  I forgot to mention earlier that inside you also receive a 1/3 off coupon for any of the products in the range, online or in-store until the end of February, so even more reason to give some things a try.     

There is one negative though, and it's a very minor one, but the eyeshadow and cheek palette packaging have a (very pretty) glittery design.  Although it looks so pretty, it's a pain in the ass when it comes to getting glitter all over your hands, face...everywhere!!! I am currently trying to find ways of getting the glitter off but for now, if I hold them in the teensiest-tiniest tips of my fingers, I can kind of get away with it!

I've done a bit of searching around and this set isn't available anymore...but... the whole point of this blog is, the products inside are fab quality and great value for money so pop a Tanya Burr gift set on your Christmas list next year or get down to Superdrug now and give some of her current products a try! 

What do you think of Christmas Gift Sets? Do you think they are good value for money? I'd love to know.

Love Katherine xxx


Previous blog post: Empties - December 2017
Latest YouTube video: Summer Haul| Matalan & Primark
Follow me on social media below:


*All pictures and opinions are entirely my own.  All products featured on my blog have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated*



Comments

  1. Ohhh now I adore the look of this set. I cant believe that I didnt spot it. I was so pleasantly surprised when I tried the peachy glow palette from the TB range, I didnt have high hopes, but its amazing. I am going to pick up a colour of the lipsticks, they look really nice. Great review lovely lady xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! Yes, that's exactly how I felt as the peachy glow palette was the first thing I bought and I absolutely loved it after not having high hopes. I am definitely hooked now and the products are so easy to get hold of too xxxx

      Delete
  2. It's good to give someone a Beautiful Eyeshadow Palette as a birthday present, whether it's a friend, sister, mother, or someone else. And you receive this excellent product from The Beauty Tailor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!