Review: My Little Box - September 2016

Hey everyone! I can't believe it's that time again when My Little Box arrives.  The months are just flying by so quickly.  I guess that's a good thing though as I don't feel I've been waiting what seems like forever for the postman to knock (although he was a few days later than everyone else so I did have a mild panic and think he'd lost it!).  Also dodging social media spoilers when everyone has received theirs is proving exhausting!

Firstly, if you're reading this blog but don't have any idea of what My Little Box is, you can click on my July blog here which gives a little explanation about the idea behind it.

For now though, I'm just going to go straight in and start talking about the September box.

So, this month's box is in collaboration with French clothing brand Claudie Pierlot and YouTuber/Beauty Blogger, Freddy Cousin-Brown (Freddy My Love).  I love Freddy's videos and blogs.  She genuinely comes across as such a lovely girl, you just wish you were her friend.  If you'd like to have a look at some of her videos or blogs I will link her website here.

The box has a French theme this month and is called My Little Mademoiselle Box.  As always the  artwork on the front is beautiful and depicts a Parisian-style high street with Freddy walking past the Claudie Pierlot boutique.  What's different about this box to others is the front is tied together with a little ribbon, so when you undo it, the box has two flaps either side that open up, showing the contents inside.
Firstly, laid out on top is a card explaining the collaboration and a photograph of Freddy. Underneath that is the monthly My Little World magazine.  This has another photo of Freddy on the cover and inside has the usual articles about the products inside the box and lifestyle and fashion features.

The lifestyle item this month is stunning.  It's a gorgeous Claudie Pierlot purse and just perfect for the coming Autumn/Winter season.  In a gorgeous navy blue with a red trim its beautifully chic and elegant.  I will definitely be using this when I finally put my flamingo purse into hibernation.  I did notice that there is only one lifestyle item this month (there are usually two), but looking at the price on the card (£30) I can understand why that is.
On to the beauty products and this month the canvas tote bag has a super cute eyelash and lips print.
The first product I pulled out was a Ren 3-in-1 Cleansing Water.  I have used Ren products before and I use cleansing/micellar waters to remove my make up so overall I'm happy with this.  It's a 50ml bottle so perfect if I'm going away and won't take up too much room in my toiletry bag.

The next item is a  Erborian Korean Skin Therapy Ginseng Shot Mask.  This is a single use face mask which is soaked in serum.  The description says unfold, leave on for 10-15 minutes and that's it.. done!  The Ginseng Mask is for an immediate smoothing effect so I'm looking forward to giving this a go.

The last item is by My Little Beauty (the My Little Box in-house beauty brand) and is an "audacious volume" mascara.  Again, the packaging is super cute with a white barrel and black bows printed on it and the quality of the packaging feels great.  Everything I have tried in previous boxes I have loved from this brand so I'm sure this will be just as good.
As a last little gift there is also a voucher for 30% off the Claudie Pierlot range in store or online from 1st to 15th October 2016.  After seeing the quality of the purse, I am definitely going to check this out.
My last thoughts on this month's box are that My Little Box, in my opinion, is by far the best subscription box out there.  In terms of variety, presentation and value for money they really do blow it out of the water.  This is a beautifully put together box and I will use everything in it so that for me makes it so worthwhile.

So now the countdown begins for October......

I'd love to know if any of you have tried the My Little Box subscription and what are your thoughts?

Love Katherine xxx











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!