What's In My Holiday Make Up Bag

Summer holiday season is here again!! For me, this always means lists upon lists need to be started, shopping needs to be commenced and most importantly, the task of trying to fit my entire make up collection into one teeny, tiny little pouch begins! Every year I wish somone had finally gotten round to inventing a Mary Poppins-esque cosmetics bag where I can just chuck everything into and off I go!

But no! At the time of writing this I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened (yet) so over the past few months I've been trying really hard to scale down my holiday make-up must-haves.  If you've read my last blog post (if not and you would like to, you can click here) you'll know that I had a little bit of a weight issue last year with my make-up bag and although this year we are travelling by car and not plane, I know Mr Shopaholic_kh is watching me with eagle eyes making sure I don't make the same mistakes again!

The one thing I've done differently this year is to put together a holiday make-up bag that I've actually been using over the last few weeks and tweeking as and where I need to.  Usually, I just haul everything into the bag without really thinking about what I do/don't need.  My biggest downfall is lipsticks!! I have a real addiction to these and even if I manage to scale down on other products, I find myself grabbing handfuls of them on the morning we are heading off, just in case I forget the perfect one!

I've decided to use my Fleur De Force make-up bag this year as it is one of the smaller ones I own and my way of thinking is that I won't cram it too full! It's a wipe clean material and has a popper on each side so it can be extended if needed (in my case, I think so!).


The most important thing to go in first is my face sunscreen.  I'm currently trying out The Body Shop Skin Defence in SPF50 and I'm loving it.  Its so light and sinks straight into my skin.  I've tried a few products in the past that have felt so greasy and left a white/grey tinge to my skin which I really dislike.  This is fantastic and I put it on after my moisturiser and before my BB Cream.

My BB Cream is a re-purchase and is the Maybelline Dream BB Bronze in Light/Medium and this contains SPF25.  This is my second tube of this and I can't rate it highly enough.  It goes on so easily, you can just pop a few dots on your face, rub in with your fingers and off you go.

I suffer so badly with dark circles and puffiness under my eyes so I couldn't leave my concealer behind.  My go to at home is the Rimmel Match Perfection in 030 Classic Beige.  I've also popped in my Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream Eye Roll-On if I want something with less coverage though.

The Body Shop Skin Defence Multi-Protection Essence (SPF50), Maybelline Dream BB Bronze (SPF25), Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Skin Adapting Concealer & Highlighter, Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream Eye Roll-On
For bronzer I have discovered the perfect product.  I love powder bronzers (I have about three I am faithful to) and use them throughout the year but I do find in the summer I want to lean more towards cream or gel based formula's.  L'Oréal have just launched the Glam Bronze Cushion De Soleil.... and it is fantastic.  I don't apply this with the little sponge provided but I dab it on with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush all over my forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and it gives the most gorgeous sun-kissed glow. 


I don't tend to wear eyeshadows on holiday but I have popped in two eye crayons.  They are the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige and the Rimmel Kate Eyeshadow Stick in Rose Gold.  These have great staying power and as they are waterproof are ideal for day or evening. 

I don't usually wear mascara during the summer either as I suffer so badly with hayfever but I've bought a Miss Sporty Waterproof one to try out just in case I do want to give my lashes a bit of oomph.  If not though, I use my trusty Collection clear mascara which, when used with my eyelash curlers, just gives my eyes a bit of definition (excuse the picture of the clear mascara...believe it or not, I've only had it for about a month but it doesn't stay looking very clear for long!).

Collection Clear Mascara, Miss Sporty 24HR Pump Up Booster Waterproof Mascara, Rimmel Scandaleyes in Bulletproof Beige, Rimmel Kate Eyeshadow Stick in Rose Gold 
For blushers I have left all my powder products at home and have gone with the Maybelline Baby Blush & Balm.  I've written a blog post all about these which you can read here.

I also add a dab of my Benefit Watt's Up! to the tops of my cheekbones just to add a tiny bit of highlight.

Maybelline Baby Balm & Blush in L-R Innocent Peach & Shimmering Bronze

Lastly, I have a handful of lip products (of course!).  I have my faithful Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors in the shades Rosewood Shimmer and Plum Shimmer and the Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in Red Berry which are fast becoming my all-time favourite lip balms.  They are so moisturising and easy to wear.  I also have the Hawaiian Tropic Lip Gloss Island Berry SPF25 which is ideal for my beach bag as it offers colour, moisture and sun protection too.

For a pop of colour in the evenings I have my Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stain in Barcelona Nights, Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color in Ruby Rush, L'Oreal Sexybalm in the shades Never Stop and Adventure and lastly, Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine in Pink Rules and Red-y, Set, Go!

From bottom left clockwise: Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors in Rosewood Shimmer & Plum Shimmer, Hawaiian Tropic Island Berry SPF25 Gloss, Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine in Pink Rules & Red-y, Set, Go!, L'Oreal Sexybalm in Never Stop, L'Oreal Sexybalm in Adventure, Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in Red Berry, Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color in Ruby Rush
And that's everything! For me this is a very paired back make-up bag..... I just need to find the scales to weigh it!! ;-)

Love Katherine xxx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites!

March Favourites!

September Favourites!